Lidocaine anesthetic cream is an innovative non-prescription topical numbing cream approved by FDA & Korea Food and Drug Administration (KFDA) to control pain associated with minor medical/aesthetic skin operation, laser, waxing, tattoo, anorectal disorders and skin irritations. It has an optimum strength of 5% pure lidocaine for an extended shelf-life up to three years. Lidocaine numbing cream formula is compliant to the provisioned standards of FDA and Korean Pharmacopoeia (KP) on quality, performance, and storage to ensure product efficacy and safety of consumers.
What are the features and benefits of Lidocaine anesthetic cream?
The unique proprietary formula of Lidocaine numbing cream is made distinct by these features:
- Rapid dermal absorption rate.
- It can numb the area within a few minutes of application. It remains active for nearly couple of hours.
- May be reapplied to maintain peak effect of anesthesia.
- Does not require occlusive wrap but using occlusion method over the applied cream enhances skin absorption and extended localized effect.
- Non-irritating, non-oily and water soluble.
What is Lidocaine anesthetic cream indicated for?
(including but not limited to):
- Temporary relief of pain and/or itching associated with minor burns, sunburn, minor cuts, scrapes, insect bites, minor skin irritations, perianal discomfort and anorectal disorders.
- Dermal procedures that induce pain such as venipuncture (blood sampling), intravenous cannulation (administration of contrast agents, fluids, medications, parenteral nutrition and blood products), minor skin procedures (laceration repair, warts removal), laser treatment procedures, hair removal (waxing and electrolysis), body art (tattoo and piercings), cosmetic procedures (microdermabrasion, microneedle therapy, injectable filler treatments)
How is packaged?
Lidocaine numbing cream is contained in a pharmaceutical-grade laminated tube with barrier and preservation properties to keep the contents protected. The tube has a twist cap closure with puncture to pierce through the seal allowing the contents flow out seamlessly.
What are the important safety measures should I know about Lidocaine anesthetic cream?
Do not use Lidocaine numbing cream if:
- Allergic (hypersensitive) to lidocaine or any of the ingredients of Lidocaine anesthetic cream
- Skin is inflamed, blistered, eczematous or ulcerated
- Pregnant or lactating
The route of administration of Lidocaine anesthetic cream is via topical application on the skin. Recommended dose for adults is 0.5 grams per one square inch of skin.
Lidocaine anesthetic cream contains the following: Active Ingredient: Per 1g Lidocaine (KP) ……….. 105.6 mg Additive (Preservative): Methylparaben (KP) …………… 1.5 mg Inactive Ingredients: Castor oil, Ethanol, Glyceryl monostearate, Isopropyl myristate, Methyl p-hydroxybenzoate, Stearyl alcohol, Polyoxyethylate 40 hydrogenated castor oil, Propylene glycol, Purified water KP stands for Korean Pharmacopoeia.
The Korean Pharmacopoeia is a statute for pharmaceuticals established by Korean government for improvement of public health. KP is served as the characteristics of official standard for the description and quality of drugs which are generally recognized to be safe and efficacious in the treatment and prevention of diseases and its role should be to specify the standards of drugs in preparation, identification, efficacy, quality and storage.
Supervised care with the use of Lidocaine anesthetic cream on:
- Geriatric and pediatric patients
- Patients with heart, liver and kidney conditions or on medications contraindicated to Lidocaine anesthetic cream formula
- Stop using Lidocaine numbing cream and seek medical attention immediately in cases of severe allergic reactions such as hives, difficulty of breathing, dizziness, blurring of vision, choking, facial swelling, tightness in the chest, fainting, slow or irregular heartbeat
- Avoid prolonged usage without medical consent or supervision of a doctor
External use only. Avoid contact with eyes or nose. If this happens, flush the eyes thoroughly with clean water. Do not consume in large amounts
What is the shelf life of Lidocaine anesthetic cream?
The shelf-life of Lidocaine anesthetic cream is three years.
How should Lidocaine anesthetic cream be stored?
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN. Recommended storage temperature is from 1⁰ to 30⁰C (33.8⁰ to 86⁰ F). Keep away from direct heat, freezing temperatures, and sunlight. Always close the tube tightly when not in use.